Implant-supported dentures are over-dentures fixed to the gums by mini implants. For patients with an uncomfortable or loose-fitting denture, stabilizing it with mini implants can be a more comfortable and functional solution.
With the implementation of the Yomi Robotic System for implant placement, as well as the state-of-the-art digital design software available at our office, it is now easier and faster than ever to provide patients with implant-supported dentures. Depending on if it's a single or dual arch procedure, your implants can be placed and your temporary denture can be 3D-printed and fitted to the implants in just a few short hours!
Our team is also happy to offer same-day denture conversion; if you already have a removable implant denture, we are able to convert it to a fixed denture in one day! No more taking your dentures out to clean them or to sleep. Call us to schedule a free consultation.
How do implant dentures work?
Mini implants are placed in the jaw, where they are anchored firmly in the surrounding bone. Attachments are placed in the underside of the denture that connect to the implants. When placed in the mouth, the denture snaps onto the implants, keeping it stable and secure.
What are the benefits of dentures supported by mini implants?
- People who opt for implant-supported dentures are more confident when they talk, laugh, and eat in public. You'll never have to worry about your false teeth slipping or falling out while you eat or are engaged in conversation.
- Implant-supported dentures are far more comfortable because they are secure and feel like natural teeth. There is also less irritation of gum tissue; patients who have conventional dentures often suffer pain and canker sores.
- Implant-supported dentures look more natural than conventional dentures because less plastic is needed for retention. Wearing implant-supported dentures can also help your appearance in the long term by preventing jaw shrinkage and bone loss.
- Patients with conventional dentures have difficulty with speaking clearly. Slurred speech and clicking noises are common problems. Implant-supported dentures can help you relax and talk easily with a more clear and natural voice.
- Best of all, with implant-supported dentures, there is no need to use denture adhesives or take them out to sleep.